Thank you so much to everyone who commented on the last post and offered such kind words of support. I was so moved. I hesitated quite a bit before publishing that post but ultimately decided I needed to be honest and share what was on my mind. I'm grateful that it was so well-received.
I have some good news! My last book, But I Could Never Go Vegan! was nominated for a GoodReads Choice Award in the Food and Cookbook category! I would love if you could take a couple of minutes to vote for the book. Voting closes on November 8th. Thank you so much!
As I mentioned in my last post, I'll be needing recipe testers for this new book! You can read all about the book in my last post.
I need a wide variety of testers:
- Vegans, Vegetarians, and Omnivores
- People of all ages
- Beginning Cooks and Experienced Cooks
- Parents of kids under 18 years old (but old enough to eat your cooking)
- People with Significant Others that claim to dislike vegan food
- People who often cook for their extended families (including, but not limited to, their parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.)
- People that never know what to cook for the vegan(s) in their life
- People who just like to cook and/or eat
What I'm looking for in potential testers:
- The willingness to consume oil, sugar, and salt. Every recipe is gluten-free or has a GF option.
- The ability to follow a recipe exactly as written without using your kitchen prowess to make substitutes (unless they're suggested substitutes) to "improve" the recipe or make it "healthier."
- The ability to keep track of things like the amount of time it takes to prepare a recipe and how many servings the recipe makes.
- A detail-oriented eye (i.e. Someone who can spot typos or notice when I forgot to mention what to do with a listed ingredient).
- The willingness to fill out the feedback form immediately after preparing the recipe.
- The ability to offer helpful feedback ("I would decrease the salt," and not "This was yucky.")
- The ability to commit to testing at least 10 recipes by December 31st, 2015.
If you think you fit the above criteria, then please do apply! I will only be contacting those who are selected (or are being considered for selection) so if you don't hear from me, please know that I am super grateful for your entry but I had to choose someone else in order to fill the wide variety of testers needed. Last year, I received 300 applicants in just the first day and it was incredible but also overwhelming. This year, I do have an assistant helping with the vetting process so you may hear from either Katie or myself. Thank you to all and good luck!
UPDATE 11/4/15 @ 5:04pm: If you applied before 5pm on 11/4/15, I need you email me with your name and email address and I'll add it in. I apologize but my fancy application form lacked any way for you to provide us with your contact information. My fault. I'm sorry for any inconvenience!